Depot Manager - Cork
Nightline is looking to recruit a Warehouse Manager for its Cork Depot. We are looking for an individual who has previously worked within the logistics environment, or a similar industry as an Operational Manager.
Reporting directly into the Regional Operations Director, the successful candidate will have overall responsibility for the planning, organising and controlling processes at the Cork Depot.
- You will need to demonstrate a passion for delivering an exceptional service to our clients and customers.
- Will possess the attributes required to work in a progressive fast moving environment.
- As Depot Manager, you will be responsible for a team of administrators, warehouse staff, drivers and third party suppliers.
- You will constantly be looking at how we can enhance our performance, ensuring full compliance for health & safety and business processes, whilst upholding excellent levels of service and customer care.
Main Activities and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring effective leadership in the daily planning and performance of the depot.
- Fleet , Route Planning and staff management.
- Achieving agreed service levels, cost targets and procedural compliance.
- Assisting with the management of dispatch, pickup and delivery of parcels.
- Responsibility for ensuring security, fire, health and safety and environment audits are implemented.
- Assist with the provision of delivery projections and parcel volumes.
- Develop action plans, implement and rectify shortfalls in performance as required.
- Work towards the delivery of a strong Depot P&L.
- Develop a culture of accountability and ensure a dedication to cost management and reduction.
- Spearhead the planning process for depot resource requirements to meet fluctuating demand and to service seasonal peak.
- A clear commitment to making decisions on the basis of verifiable data and statistical methods, rather than assumptions and guesswork.
- Drive efficiency in all business processes, implementing and ensuring adherence to existing company systems and procedures.
- Manage a team of self employed contract drivers and / or employed drivers and any other staff that may be appointed from time to time.
- Ensure that Nightline continues as a strong brand name in Ireland and is recognised by its customers as a bench mark for quality service delivery.
- Demonstrate a high degree of discipline, professionalism and consistency and apply a management style that reflects the culture and values of the organisation.
- Lead and develop the existing workforce, building a culture of high performance and ensuring a strong customer and service awareness.
- Take overall responsibility for Health & Safety, Quality and Legislative compliance.
- Ensure that financial records are complete, accurate and the company is compliant with all current legal and regulatory requirements.
If you are interested please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
Nightline Logistics Group is a fast growing diversified transport and logistics business with operations throughout Ireland (including Northern Ireland) and Great Britain. The company operates the largest Irish parcel delivery business and is home to the innovative Parcel Motel. The company provides transport and logistics services via market leading in-house SmartShip® software for many household names and leading brands in online retail, high street retail, consumer electronics and FMCG sectors.